This site is provided as a resource to access important documents and communicate government affairs issues impacting HBASE members.
HBASE Government Affairs Email Updates:
- Government Affairs Update - August 7, 2017
- Government Affairs Update - July 31, 2017
- Government Affairs Update - July 24, 2017
- Government Affairs Update - July 17, 2017
HBASE Building Codes Subcommittee:
Reviews the changes and modifications relating to residential construction and the building code. The I-Codes listed below were presented to the Sioux Falls City Council for adoption in December 2015 with the intention of having the codes in effect for building permits issued after April 30, 2016.
- 2015 International Building Code Sioux Falls
- 2015 International Residential Code Sioux Falls
- 2015 International Existing Building Code Sioux Falls
- 2015 International Mechanical Code and 2015 International Fuel Gas Code Sioux Falls
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code Sioux Falls
Sourounding Communities & County Governments
- 2015 International Residential Code - Brandon (Effective October 11, 2016)
- 2015 International Residential Code - Harrisburg (Effective January 2016 - Amended Spring)
- 2015 International Residential Code - Minneheha County (Effective September 7, 2016)
HBASE Local Government Affairs Committee:
Works on local issues of importantance to land developers and builders; represented on the City's Infrastructure Review Advisory Board.
NAHB Housing Impact Study for Sioux Falls:
HBASE Legislative Committee:
Reviews proposed state legislative bills and national legislation. Develops and maintains relationships with state and national officials.
- State Legisislative Items of Interest: