The HBASE is helping its members move the practice of green building into the mainstream. Energy efficiency, water and resource conservation, sustainable or recycled products, and indoor air quality are increasingly incorporated into the everyday process of home building.
The Home Innovation Research Labs (formerly known as the NAHB Research Center) certifies residential buildings and land developments to ICC 700 National Green Building Standards (NGBS).Single-family homes, condos and apartments, subdivisions and residential remodeling and renovation projects are all eligible for certification.
Projects must meet criteria for water and resource efficiency, indoor environmental quality and lot and site development. Certified homes and remodeling projects also include operations and maintenance materials for homeowners to help them maximize the benefits of a green home.
NGBS certified homes are inspected during and after the construction process by qualified, third-party verifiers approved by the national program.
As partner program, HBASE is also offering educational opportunities for its members, including seminars leading to the NAHB Certified Green Professional (CGP) designation and other green-related technology and building science issues.
HBASE Members who have earned their CGP designation
- Anthony Anderson, CGP, TCA Construction (605-361-7898)
- Charlie Beatch, CGR, CGP, Beatch Construction LLC (605-332-1770)
- Ray Brooks, CGP, Brooks Construction Services (605-368-5447)
- Kyle Eberts, CGP, Eberts Construction (605-339-2382)
- Kurt Hanson, CGB, GMB, CAPS, CGP, Home Tech, Inc. (605-362-8349)
- Susan Hilmoe, CGA, CGP, Sioux Valley Energy (800-234-1960)
- Craig Houg, CGP, Houg Construction (605-331-4512)
- Ken Iverson, CGP, Warren Window and Supply (605-366-6528)
- Culley Lebert, CGP, Lebert Construction (605-231-0211)
- Mark Leuthold, CGP, Leuthold Plumbing (712-478-4646)
- Mark Munsen, CGP, Mitchell Technical Institute (605-995-3007)
- Greg Neppl, CGP, Mitchell Technical Institute (605-995-3007)
- Jennie Patrick, CGP, Sioux Valley Energy, (800-234-1960)
- Chane Patten, CGP, Builders Millwork & Window (605-332-9800)
- Russ Pies, CGP, Pro-Build (605-368-2311)
- Randy Reese, CGP, Costello Construction (605-336-7737)
- Jarrod Smart, CGB, CAPS, CGP, Jarrod Smart Construction Co. (605-275-2963)
- Troy Stallings, CGP, Creative Building Corporation (605-332-3347)
- Chad Van Buskirk, CGP, Van Buskirk Companies (605-361-8211)