Seeking PT Instructor for Carpentry Apprenticeship Program
CARPENTRY APPRENTICESHIP INSTRUCTOR (Part-Time)
Southeast Technical Institute is seeking a part-time Carpentry Apprenticeship Instructor, dedicated to excellence in teaching, who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. They are seeking an individual who is dedicated to teaching, is committed to students, student learning, and student success.
The Instructor will be responsible for developing student skills, knowledge and attitudes commensurate to the goals of the program and effectively using materials and equipment to meet goals.
- Adapt appropriate methods and devices of teaching to meet the needs of apprentices consistent with prescribed curriculum. Provide and guide apprentices through all written curriculum materials and hands-on learning experiences.
- Establish, maintain, emphasize, and enforce safe working conditions and practices.
- Maintain required attendance and assessment records of apprentices and other related instructional support materials as required.
- Respect the right of apprentices to respond to issues and matters relevant to course material and instructional methods while maintaining control of class direction toward achievement of course goals and objectives.
- Maintain appropriate apprentice conduct, discipline and proper management of facilities, tools and equipment.
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and skills as a tradesperson and Apprenticeship Instructor.
- Provide Carpenter Apprenticeship program updates to the Workforce Development Committee of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire (HBASE) and serves as a contact for placing apprentices with HBASE member employers.
- Maintain all records and documentation as required by State and Federal Departments of Labor for the establishment and maintenance of a registered apprentice program.
- Diploma from a carpentry program or completion of a registered carpentry apprenticeship program. Work experience in lieu of a diploma may be considered.
- Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified, related paid work experience as a carpenter.
- Exceptional knowledge of carpentry and construction
- Leadership qualities necessary to instruct, motivate and inspire apprentices
- Good verbal communication and demonstrative abilities
- Good written communication skills
- Teaching experience
Employees in the position must have the ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone.
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Speak so that others may understand at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Stand, walk, and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds to waist height.
- Operate a vehicle in the course of carrying out assigned duties.
- Evening and/or weekend work required
Home Ideas Magazine
Discover the hottest trends, tour exquisite living spaces, and imagine the possibilities hidden within the walls of your home on the pages of the Sioux Empire's premier publication.Learn More