Repair Affair day, held June 7, 2016, allows HBASE members to volunteer their time and expertise to someone in need. Since 1993, more than 200 repair projects have been completed with a total of more than 5,000 man hours from more than 1,100 HBASE member volunteers. The focus of Repair Affair is on making homes more accessible for the elderly or permanently disabled.
HBASE Members - If you would like to volunteer for the 2016 event, click here to sign up.
The 2016 application process will open January 11, 2016. If you would like to have an application for 2016's event mailed to you, please call 605-361-8322 to be added to the mailing list.
Applications are reviewed by the Repair Affair committee through April 2016. Committee members then visit the homes to evaluate the repair requests prior to committee approval.
Some guidelines include:
- Must own the home and reside in it (no mobile homes)
- Must be either 65 yrs. or older OR have a permanent disability
- Must meet certain income guidlines (see application for specifics)
- Must provide proof of household income
- All repairs must be accessibility related