Workforce Development Grant
The Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation Workforce Development Grant program serves to provide funding for projects that address a demonstrated need in the building industry, encourage and attract competent people to a career in the construction trades, make an effective use of volunteers and/or matching funds, and create a positive impact on builder workforce issues in the Sioux Empire.
Eligible applicants must be qualified tax exempt organizations, public schools or institutions, located within the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire’s service area of Lincoln, Minnehaha, McCook, and Turner County in South Dakota. Proposed programs or projects should promote, create exposure to, provide skill sets and prepare individuals for careers in the construction trades.
Proposed projects or programs must achieve or support one of the following:
- Promotion of academic, technical training, or professional development achievement in the construction trades
- Construction trades career awareness in grades K-12, and/or young adults age 18-28
- Community based non-profit organizations addressing building and construction industry workforce development needs
- NAHB student chapter activities
- Tools, equipment, and/or building materials for use in educational/workforce training programs
- Submit proposals/applications:
Application materials and any attachments may be submitted via hand delivery, mail, fax or email to:
Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation
6904 S Lyncrest Place
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Fax: (605) 361-8329
- The Sioux Empire Home Builder Care Foundation may, at its discretion, evaluate grants on a case-by-case basis throughout the year.
- Funding Timeline: Projects shall be outlined in the proposal and approved by the Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation. Grant will be funded per instructions outlined in the award notification letter.
- Project Reports: Quarterly progress reports shall be submitted to the Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation during the terms of funding with a final report, or site visit where applicable, upon completion of the project.
- In the event that progress toward the completion of the project is not deemed satisfactory, or is not in compliance with the terms and condition of the award, the Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation may, at their sole discretion, terminate the award.
After reviewing the application’s initial proposal, additional information may be requested by the Sioux Empire Home Builders Care Foundation.