The office of the South Dakota Home Builders Association, located in Pierre serves its members on any matter concerning industry or Association affairs. They follow pending legislation and proposed regulations that affect the industry.
- Business contacts at Association meetings, social gatherings, and other Association-sponsored events to increase your business potential.
- Industry knowledge through state publications/educational programs that keep you up-to-date and in front of competition.
- Political influence to forge pro-housing initiatives on state and local levels to follow pending legislation and proposed regulations that affect the industry.
- Personal and professional recognition through awards and Association articles that highlight your accomplishments and keep you motivated.
- Visibility and credibility within the Association and community at large.
SD Home Builders Association
PO Box 1218
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: (605) 224-2761
Fax: (605) 224-6485
The SDHBA Magazine
"The South Dakota Home Builder", reaches over 1000 member firms quarterly featuring informative articles concerning the housing industry; members have the opportunity to advertise in this publication.
The SDHBA constantly follows pending legislation and proposed regulations that effect the industry. A lobbyist monitors any action taken by the SD legislature and evaluates the possible effects on housing.
ANNUAL LEGISLATIVE DINNER
Held in January and co-sponsored with SD Board of REALTORS & SD Land Title Associations, this event provides an opportunity for members to meet with State Legislators to discuss industry issues.
Annual Awards and membership contest prizes are presented to recognize the achievements of SDHBA members.
POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
Annual fundraising efforts enable the PAC Committee to contribute to local and state Legislative candidates.