Actually, it isn't about us... it's about you.
The Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire (HBASE) is one of the largest HBA's in the nation with over 1,000 members strong (includes Affiliates) and we could not have done that alone. The two groups that have built us up to what we are today are members and consumers.
You... the HBASE member
Because of your continued support, we are able to offer a vast array of member benefits. From educational offerings to social gatherings and legislative advocacy to regulating building codes, we have what you need and we're ready to provide it to you. You make our association run through your countless volunteer hours whether you serve on a committee or help out at a community project. You are the association, you are the HBASE.
Ready to join the HBASE? Click here.
You... the consumer
We are very grateful to live in such a supportive and embracing community such as the Sioux Empire. While serving the South Dakota counties of Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook and Turner, you look to us to provide you information about homeownership. Why buy a home instead of rent? We can tell you why. Why use an HBASE member for your projects instead of attempting a DIY? We can most certainly tell you why! Also, your support of our major events over the last 56 years has been absolutely amazing. From our Home Show to the Parade of Homes and all others in between, we are forever appreciative for the many times you've attended our shows and shared the countless compliments on how incredible our members truly are.
Ready to do business with an HBASE member? Click here.
Code of Ethics & Mission
Our association represents the collective interests of the home building industry by offering members a competitive advantage through exclusive opportunities and services that allows them to responsibly meet the housing needs of our community.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics.
As members in good standing of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire, we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its related infrastructure. Basic to these ethical beliefs, we support and will use best efforts in the conduct of our business activities to:
- Abide by the bylaws, rules and procedures of the HBASE.
- Conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- Protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Conduct all transactions, agreements and dealings with customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and regulatory officials free from fraud or deception.
- Keep informed regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole.
- Comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress to the community.
- Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including but not limited to general liability and workers compensation insurance, at a level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the member is engaged.
- Seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- Adhere to the building standards as set forth in the Residential Construction Performance Guidelines, as developed by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
View the links to the right to learn more about our association and the many individuals that lead the HBASE day in and day out.