Affiliated with the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire, the Remodeling Council is a group of remodeling contractors, suppliers, manufacturers and related professionals that focuses on three areas: remodeling industry related education, the promotion of the remodeling industry and giving back to the community.
To promote residential remodeling, the Remodeling Council hosts the annual Showcase of Remodeled Homes. This event is a great way for Council members to display their handiwork, to highlight popular trends and designs and to educate attendees on the remodeling process.
Another way that the Remodeling Council gives back is through community service projects. The group has built several wheelchair ramps and constructed a playhouse.
The Remodeling Council of the Sioux Empire, identifies you as a professional, improves your business know-how, promotes your service and builds your consumer confidence. It gives you the information needed to improve your business operations - as a remodeling, specialty contractor, supplier, manufacturer or related professional.
As a member of the Remodeling Council....
- You can participate in monthly council meetings. During these meetings you will build your professional network while learning industry specific information.
- You can volunteer for Remodeling Council specific community service projects. Give back to others while working with your peers.
- You get your company's name on a Remodeling Council member list that is sent to consumers inquiring about hiring a remodelor.
- You get a special media event-press release that informs the public and promotes the remodeling industry.
- You can participate in seminars for consumers considering home improvement projects. These are conducted by the Council at the annual Home Show.
The Council holds meetings the first Wednesday of each month at noon at the HBASE Office (and offsite also at times). The meetings cover topics like industry trends, new products and materials, consumer relations, public relations and advertising, financing and budget management.
Lunch is served at each meeting at 11:45am for a cost of $8 per person.
2017 Remodeling Council Advisory Members
- Mike Hartman, Hartman Specialty Contracting/Radon Mit, Sys., Chair
- Kyle Cosand, Cosand Construction, Vice Chair
- Rita Adams, Michels Communication / Home Ideas Magazine
- Jon Beatch, Beatch Construction
- Mark Bjorneber, Warren Window & Supply
- Justin Eimers, Glass Doctors
- Amy Hennen, Showplace Kitchens
- Maureen Ohm, Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Joe Sonnenfeld, James Hardie Building Products