The mission of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire is to provide for the advancement of the building industry and the community.
The Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire serves and represents our members who are affiliated with the building and remodeling industry in the Sioux Falls area.
The Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire promotes home ownership and quality housing through positive relationships between our members and the community. The association provides members opportunities to enhance professionalism through communication, educational opportunities and social activities.
The Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire, chartered in 1956, is affiliated with both its State and National Associations.
Code of Ethics
Members of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics.
As members in good standing of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire, we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its related infrastructure. Basic to these ethical beliefs, we support and will use best efforts in the conduct of our business activities to:
- Abide by the bylaws, rules and procedures of the HBASE.
- Conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- Protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Conduct all transactions, agreements and dealings with customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and regulatory officials free from fraud or deception.
- Keep informed regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole.
- Comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress to the community.
- Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including but not limited to general liability and workers compensation insurance, at a level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the member is engaged.
- Seek to resolve controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- Adhere to the building standards as set forth in the Residential Construction Performance Guidelines, as developed by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Home Builders Association of the Sioux Empire in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.